Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tender Surrender by Steve Vai

How's this for a change: I am not posting classical music today. Well, not exactly, and you will find out later.

I wonder if you would enjoy one of my favorite guitarists - Steve Vai - performing Tender Surrender, a truly great roller coaster ride of a song. This song is particularly great because of the slow, gradual manner in which Vai builds the song. The song reaches a dramatic climax at which point Vai performs a superb solo and from there he returns to the mellowness of the beginning.

I have been a fan of Steve Vai since I saw him in the movie Crossroads back in the mid 80s. He was the Devil's guitar player that Eugene Martone (Ralph Macchio) played against in a climactic guitar duel.

Please enjoy Tender Surrender and the Crossroads Guitar Duel.





If you watched the Crossroads Guitar Duel, you may have noticed that Eugene Martone (Ralph Macchio) played Paganini Caprice #5 to finally beat Steve Vai in the guitar duel. Well, that Paganini is classical music :). Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the video clips.

No comments:

Post a Comment