Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ysaye Sonata No. 3 - Ballade

The Sonata No. 3 - Ballade by Eugene Ysaye is one of my favorite virtuoso violin pieces, and Maxim Vengerov’s interpretation thereof is the best interpretation that I have seen and heard so far (in my opinion). I have yet to see or hear a better interpretation. I watch this video every now and then. Maxim Vengerov was just unbelievable in this video. This was during his performance of the Sibelius Violin Concerto with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra conducted by Daniel Barenboim. If I am not mistaken, the concert was given in 1996. His performance of this concerto was so amazing that the audience would not stop clapping. They wouldn’t let him go, and so he performed not only one encore piece, but two beautiful ones for them. This was one of the two encore pieces (the other one was a beautiful performance of the Bach Partita No. 3 Sarabande, which I might also post here). I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment