Monday, January 5, 2009

Carolyn Porco: Fly Me to the Moons of Saturn

I have always been fascinated by space and the universe. When I was a kid, I used to dream of becoming an astronomer. I read a lot about astronomy and the history of space exploration. I have been following the achievements in these fields very closely. One of the latest achievements was the inter-planetary space mission to Saturn called the Cassini-Huygens Project.

This is an excellent video about Cassini, the most ambitious inter-planetary space mission ever launched. It was created using clips from Planetary Scientist Carolyn Porco's speech at the Pop!Tech innovation conference.
Carolyn Porco shows images from the Cassini voyage to Saturn, focusing on its largest moon, Titan, and on frozen Enceladus, which seems to shoot jets of ice.


No comments:

Post a Comment