Monday, January 5, 2009

Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens

Janine Jansen's performance of the Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Charles Camille Saint-Saens at Waldbühne in Berlin in 2006 is my favorite interpretation of this classical piece. I wish that I or any of my kids could play this classical piece the way Janine Jansen plays it. I am sure it would take lots and lots and lots of practice. I was listening to it this morning. Well, I thought you might want to listen and watch it also. Enjoy!



My other favorite interpretation of this classical piece is Maxim Vengerov's. Maxim Vengerov is one of my favorite virtuoso violinists. However, I do not have a video of his performance of the Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso. I do have a link to a recording. Click here to listen to the Vengerov interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment